Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Pictoral Update (with occasional captioning)



A waning gibbous moon sets on my final days in California


There wasn’t much surf… (Dan & Mike)


But we still had fun surfing anyways (Sam & Dan):

(Ben)

(Dad, Yvonne and…Ben?)

(Dan)

Across the country, and had a happy reunion with Meaghan and Fay the Dog.  The high pressure system departed soon after and snow followed on its heels.  Snow, for the uninitiated, is an atmospheric phenomenon that occurs at either high latitude or high altitude.  What the heck is it doing in WashingtonDC? 


Fay the Dog and The Silver Bullet, both born in Hawai‘i, didn’t know what to think:

(Fay the Dog)

(The Silver Bullet)
Tonight, I went for my first sub-freezing jog ever.  I was definitely the only guy out in shorts.  It’s not all bad though: I might miss Hawai‘i, but I have replaced Diamond Head with the US Capitol Building as the iconic backdrop for jogging.  I have replaced heat stroke with hypothermia...






No comments: